The founder of the Campus Ministry, USA, Brother Jed visits college campuses and engages in what he calls confrontational evangelism". Spewing forth quotes such as, "You long haired hippies are headed for the LAKE OF FIRE!!!", and "Put some clothes on, you little whore!", listening to Jed is a delightful way to spend a slow summer afternoon.

He is sometimes accompanied by his wife, Sister Cindy, and his umpteen daughters.

See also: Jed-Head, Brother Paul

Also, a three man "jam band" from Bloomington, Illinois. Features Ed Anderson on guitar/vocals, Brian Goff on drumbs and Joseph Kennedy on bass guitar.

I'd actually heard of the band before the the *minister* but judging where they're from, the name was certainly inspired by the man mentioned above.

I saw them open up for ekoostik hookah last year in Columbus. Front man Anderson can tear it up on guitar so if you ever get a chance to check them out, do so.
Brother Jed also frequents the Ohio State University where he "preaches" on the Oval. He is the best of the Oval preachers, and many students like to get into arguments with him for fun. Some Jed Quotes I've heard:

"You there, in the brown coat. Yes, you. You are going to hell!"

"All you women are whores, spreading your legs for the impure!"

"The faggots our there want you to think they are people, but they aren't, they are tools of satan!"

He's got a million of them...

Ahhhh, Brother Jed. Probably the sole connection between the students of larger schools across the United States (aside from beer and frats, of course). I have spent two different afternoons on Northrop Mall at the University of Minnesota listening to his banter and insults. Jed sits there and screams 'The Gospel' at the students of Xyz University, quoting random scripture, taking questions, calling them sluts, whores, evil, devil worshipers, "the bastard children of God" (that was a good day :), etc. To be polite, I would say his arguments are incorrect and absurd. Frankly, he's a total nut-job, but it's a good way to spend an hour on a nice sunny day, arguing and listening to some of the christians rip him apart much worse than any of the atheists in attendance.

A rollicking good time for all!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.