A punk rock / nu-metal / alternative rock tune by Evanescence that is featured on the soundtrack to the film Daredevil. The soundtrack comes out on Febuary 4, 2003, while the movie premieres on February 14, 2003 in the United States and United Kingdom. The song is receiving heavy airplay on my local alternative rock station. Maybe it's ClearChannel payola, or maybe it's the fact that this song rocks. It's a combination of fluttery female vocals by Evanescence lead singer Amy Lee, alt-rock drum and guitar parts, and guest male vocals by Paul McCoy of 12 Stones (whose lyrics appear in italics below).

This song appears as the second track on Evanescence's major-label debut Fallen, which was released on March 4, 2003 -- one month after Daredevil's soundtrack hit record stores. Propelled by the popularity of "Bring Me to Life," Evanescence gained national fame and their first worldwide tour to start September 9, 2003. As of summer 2003, the only other song from "Fallen" to hit alternative rock airwaves has been "Going Under."

Portions of this song are available on-line at Evanescence's web site (www.evanescence.com) and the Daredevil soundtrack web site (www.daredevilmusic.com). Evanescence's site also has the full lyrics. An excerpt appears below.

How can you see into my eyes
like open doors.
Leading you down into my core
where i've become so numb.
Without a soul
my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold
until you find it there and lead it back home.

(Wake me up.
Wake me up inside.
I can't wake up.
Wake me up inside.
Save me!
Call my name and save me from the dark.
Wake me up.
Bid my blood to run.
I can't wake up.
Before i come undone.
Save me!
Save me from the nothing i've become.)

CST Approved

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.