a very brief biography...
Brent Jay Spiner was born February 2, 1949 in Houston. After college, he headed to New York City to try his luck as an actor, landing off-Broadway roles in Chekov's The Seagull and Broadway parts that included Sunday in the Park with George and The Three Musketeers. In 1980 he appeared in Woody Allen's film Stardust Memories, then in 1984 Spiner moved to Los Angeles. He guest-starred in episodes of Night Court, Hill Street Blues, Mama's Family, The Twilight Zone and Cheers before landing the role of Data in 1987. During the fourth-season hiatus of Star Trek: The Next Generation, he recorded an album called Ol' Yellow Eyes is Back which featured a number of Frank Sinatra's hits and other similar songs. In addition to roles in the Star Trek movies (including commanding five million dollars for Star Trek: Insurrection), Spiner has appeared in Independence Day, Out to Sea, and Corrina, Corrina. He also had an uncredited role in Dude, Where's My Car?. The 5'11" actor is married to Loree McBride.
Sources
http://startrek.com/production/startrekx/castcrew/spiner.asp
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Spiner,+Brent

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.