A very non-Mexican breakfast dish. This recipe works well for camping in large groups. Simply cook everything as follows and wrap each burrito in aluminum foil. When it is breakfast time throw the burritos into the fire. If actually in the fire allow about two minutes per side.

1 batch of plain (cheese & potato) is about 12 burritos.
1 batch of bacon makes about 13-14 burritos.
1 batch of sausage makes about 15 burritos.

For one batch of plain.
1 Dozen 10-12" flour Tortillas
1 Dozen eggs
1 12-16oz bag of frozen hash browns
1 lb of shredded cheddar cheese.
About 1 Cup Milk.
Salt, pepper, garlic to taste. Optional.

  1. Cook hash browns as directed by package.
  2. Crack and beat all eggs with milk.
  3. Add hash browns to egg mixture and scramble.
  4. Spoon cooked eggs into warmed tortilla and add cheese.
  5. Fold burritos and wrap in foil.


For one batch of bacon.
Follow instructions for plain burritos and cook 1 lb of bacon and crumble.
Add crumbled bacon to egg/potato mixture before scrambling.

For one batch of sausage.
Follow instructions for plain burritos and cook 1 lb of breakfast sausage.
Add sausage to egg/potato mixture before scrambling.

See also Breakfast Tacos.

I don't know what you have for hungover breakfast, but this is quick, easy, and quite tasty. Much quicker and easier (for me to make, anyway) than huevos rancheros. The proper breakfast burrito will take about five minutes from start of prep to food in mouth, and be delicious and protein-filled besides. It will whack your hangover back to last Tuesday. Ready?

For one person, you need:

Get out a frying pan and melt the butter over medium heat. Beat your eggs until well mixed in a wide cup or small bowl. When the butter is all melted, dump in your eggs and scramble them to your liking. If you so choose, you may add a variety of the optional spices, chopped peppers, onions, etc to your eggs, such that it all cooks together. I generally only use black pepper, as I make my own refried beans and have previously incorporated lots of peppers, onions and etc. into them. If you are using canned refried beans, go nuts on the spices and hot vegetables.

While the eggs are cooking, get your tortillas out and spread a good spoonful or two of refried beans down their middles. Alternately, you can put them together and have one monster burrito. Stick them in the microwave for 45 seconds or a minute so as to warm everything up. Or you can stick them in a just-warm oven for a few minutes.

When the eggs are done, distribute them onto each tortilla. Now is the time for toppings. I feel that salsa is necessary. Cheese and lettuce are nice as well, but not entirely necessary, due to the already high protein content and the vegetables in the salsa and eggs or beans. I will say that crisp, crunchy lettuce is a nice contrast to the warm, soft texture of the rest of the burrito. Add whatever you like (and have available), fold your burrito, and eat.

This would be ideal with a big cup of coffee. I make really awful coffee, so I tend to have a big cup of strong assam tea with milk plus a glass of water or juice instead.

If hangover does not go away, make more.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.