Boss Hogg was the ever-scheming, pig of a man who tried to shaft the residents of Hazzard County, Georgia. In particular, he carried out a backwoods jihad against the Duke boys that never panned out.

A Country Ham
Jefferson Davis "Boss" Hogg was a business man who owned most of the establishments or land in Hazzard County. He always wore an all white suit, complete with white bow tie and cowboy hat, despite the character's appearance in 2005's Dukes of Hazzard movie. Sorrell Booke who played Boss Hogg was not man enough to fill out Hogg's physique, so he wore enough padding under his costume for a 62 inch waist. Hogg often smokes cigars and cruises around in his 1970 Cadillac De Ville sporting a set of steer horns for a hood ornament.

More Money, More Problems
With sheriff Rosco Coltrane as his sidekick, Hogg tried every imaginable way to steal a few more dollars out of the people of Hazzard County. Since Sheriff Rosco was in Hogg's pocket, the law never tried to stop Hogg's villainy. Cue Bo and Luke Duke for some down home justice. The Duke boys were the sleaze fighters in Hazzard County that thwarted Boss Hogg's mischievous plans. This resulted in Hogg often trying to have the Duke boys throw in jail so that future schemes would proceed uninterrupted.

"If at first you don't succeed..."
Sadly, Boss Hogg never seemed to learn his lesson and continued to harass the Bo and Luke during the course of the show's running, from 1979 - 1985. Hogg's feud with the Dukes started many years ago when Bo and Luke's Uncle Jesse Duke had a fight with Hogg during their moonshine running days. Some people can't let go.

Despite Hogg's machinations, he never wanted to see any hurt. When push came to shove, he would abandon his potential profits to ensure someone's safety. Additionally, his punishments, if any, were a slap on the wrist. Hogg had perseverance but it never seemed to net him a lot of cash.

Actors
Boss Hogg's original character was played by Sorrell Booke, a truly remarkable person despite what his most famous role would have you believe.
Burt Reynolds carried on the spirit in the recent Dukes of Hazzard movie.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.