A 1993 movie, second remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956). Sort-of a horror/scifi flick. The gist of it is, alien pods fall onto Earth and steal people's bodies, replacing them with taciturn doppelgangers who in turn set about continuing the body snatching process. Some people think that the first two movies were deeper than this simple plot, that they were carrying a message (see Invasion of the Body Snatchers), but I don't think anyone will argue that about this one.

Yes, so it's a pretty simple movie. Probably not an altogether good one; I bet most people don't like it. But it's got this one scene that really makes it worth watching. It's just so incredibly creepy. Spine-tinglingly creepy. When I first saw it at 16, it gave me nightmares; not the adult kind of nightmares, but little kid nightmares. I was watching it alone at like 3 in the morning on some movie channel (looking for soft porn), and it just sort-of paralyzed me. I couldn't stop watching, even though I very much wanted to. So anyways, it's got this one creepy scene and you'll know it when you see it. Other than that, it probably isn't that great although I think the actors tried hard and did pretty well.

I'll leave you with some words from Meg Tilly, who scares the dickens out of me:

"Where you gonna go, where you gonna run, where you gonna hide? Nowhere... 'cause there's no one     like you     left."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.