A nice unusual and easy-to-prepare tart that makes a great summer picnic food. Since it incorporates traditionally summer fruits and is sweet and refreshing, it is the perfect dessert for hot weather.

Ingredients:

Directions:

Crust: Combine flour and sugar. Put butter chunks in until mix is crumbly. Add egg, almond extract, and pecans until just combined. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch tart pan. Chill 30 minutes, then bake at 350ยบ F for 15-20 minutes. Cool on rack.

Peach layer: Mash peaches with sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch in a saucepan. Cook on medium for 5 minutes until thick. Add butter and stir until blended; cool and pour into crust.

Blueberry layer: Mash 2 cups of the blueberries with the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Cook in saucepan on medium for 10 minutes until translucent. Stir in butter and whole blueberries. Cover the peach layer with this.

Leave in pan and wrap.

Note: I used ground-up almonds instead of pecans, because I don't like pecans. It worked out well. If this variation sounds good to you, feel free to try it instead.

Yield: 1 tart, about 8 servings
Source: Paraphrased from Stovel, Picnic
Use for: Beltane, Litha, any summer celebration

Pagan recipes

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.