Beat slang - to be dead, usually from an overdose of drugs. Synonym: o.d.

In undercover work and espionage, to be "blown" is to be exposed as a fraud. Being "blown" can have serious consequences, ranging from a sudden state of relatively ineffective existence, to a sudden state of totally ineffective existence.

Reductions in effectiveness can get you burned.

Blown -- a novel by Phillip Jose Farmer, sequel to Image Of The Beast. Science Fiction/Porn, the story of ghosts and vampires who are actually aliens stranded on Earth, requiring a Pilot to operate their sex-fueled space travel mechanism. Features Gilles de Rais as the head of a snake that lives inside another character's vagina -- pull the snake, she falls apart into self-motivated component parts, organs with feet.
Considered by many to be a prequel to Traitor To The Living.

Blown (?), p. p. & a.

1.

Swollen; inflated; distended; puffed up, as cattle when gorged with green food which develops gas.

2.

Stale; worthless.

3.

Out of breath; tired; exhausted.

"Their horses much blown."

Sir W. Scott.

4.

Covered with the eggs and larvae of flies; fly blown.

 

© Webster 1913.


Blown, p. p. & a.

Opened; in blossom or having blossomed, as a flower.

Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.