A New-York based rock group that creates peculiar underground music. They sound a bit like a cross between Velvet Underground and Sonic Youth. The group appears to get better with every album, but they have not encountered a breakthrough yet.
Check out their album In an expression of the inexpressible (yes I know the title is a bit strange, but the music kicks serious ass).
An essential no-wave band, post-rock as referential to mediterranean mists as it is to some sort of tasty smoke wafting from the sewers.

Every album from Fake Can Be Just As Good on through their only effort of the 2k Melody of Certain Damaged Lemons is considered by industry insiders and music theorheticians alike to be essential.

A subtle irony of the band is that none of the members are blonde, nor redheaded, though the name stems from a song by the band DNA. Lead singer Kazu Makino happens to be Japanese, and the rest of the band consists of twin Italian brothers Amadeo Pace and Simone Pace.

Think of dissonance, and jagged, abstract lyrics coupled with breezy melodies,

now put it in a pop-o-matic bubble,

and put that in a microwave, and set the microwave on your turntable and play it a bit fast.

All the while screaming at the top of your lungs, or at the top of your heart.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.