Irrational fear of slime.
One of the "imaginary set" of fears where the subjects imagination often
worsens the problem. Anything "slimy" is feared for a often non-central
and illogical reason. Common in sufferers of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and or
To overcome such a fear try these simple steps
Do each until you get little or no fear response
- Say "SLIME" loudly and gleefully as a child would.
Say "Sludge", "Gunge", "Goo" and other words - try doing it at random by
creeping up behind people and shouting it to make them jump. Have fun with it.
- Look at a picture of slime every day
- Go to a safe place to look at slime
- Have a friend put some slime in a sealed tank
- look at it everyday until you feel confident to open the lid
- open the lid everyday until you feel you can touch it
You are cured when you can sneak up on your friend and slap a handful of
the evil looking stuff on them and run of shouting "I love slime whaa-ha-ha-ha-haaaa" or something equally silly.
Movies to avoid
the slime thing
(slimer is a ghost made of slime)
Also avoid the kinda of Saturday morning kids television
that features the gunge tank