Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure is a comedy from 1989 directed by Stephen Herek. It was written by Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon. The cast includes Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter, George Carlin, Terry Camilleri, Hal Landon Jr., Bernie Casey, Amy Stock-Poynton, J. Patrick McNamara, and many more.

History is about to be rewritten by two guys who can't spell... Time flies when you're having fun. Party on, dudes!

Bill S. Preston Esquire (Alex Winter) and Ted "Theodore" Logan (Keanu Reeves) are two slacker high school kids. They don't take much seriously and spend most of their time dreaming of forming a band. Unfortunately they don't know the first thing about playing any instruments. It turns out that they do learn to play and start a band, they even have a huge impact on the future. But their present is very bleak. They must prepare an oral history presentation to pass history. If they fail Ted will be sent to military school and the band, Wyld Stallyns, will never be formed. To prevent this a time traveler from the future named Rufus (George Carlin) visits the boys and gives them a time traveling phone booth. Thus starts their excellent adventure through time to gather historical figures and pass history.

Ted Logan: Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K.

Great movie! Hilarious. If you were a teenager in 1989 I think it was required that you saw this movie. While it does get pretty cheesy at times it also provides a million laughs. It wasn't just a series of one-liners. The plot, while silly, created a great framework to do some pretty ludicrous things. The biggest thing I probably learned from this movie was "Be excellent to each other...and party on, dudes!"

Followed by the sequel Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.