Bill Bruford was born in Kent, England, on May 17, 1949. Like many great drummers, Bill took drum lessons, and was most influenced by Jazz, especially the work of Elvin Jones. By 1968, Bill had already began his professional career in music, and toured internationally with Yes (starting at age nineteen) and King Crimson. He also toured with other British "Art Rock" bands of the time, such as U.K., and Genesis.

By 1980, Bill had recorded four solo albums, but then re-joined King Crimson, this time for only two years. In 1986, Bill had formed a new band, Earthworks with Django Bates and Iain Ballamy, releasing 4 albums between 1987-1994. Finally, King Crimson reunited one last time in 1995. They toured the world, giving 120 concerts, and produced the album THRAK and several live albums, featuring its use of two drummers (Bill Bruford and Pat Mastelotto), and KC's unique "double-trio" style.

Bruford also managed to rack up a serious reputation as a studio drummer, playing with with Kazumi Watanabe, David Torn, The New Percussion Group of Amsterdam, Jamaaladeen Tacuma, Akira Inoue, Al Di Meola, Anderson Bruford Wakeman and Howe, the Buddy Rich Orchestra, Tony Levin, and Pete Lockett, among others.
Bill Bruford now lives in the Surrey Hills with his wife Carolyn and their three children.

For complete discography (which is lengthy), go to:
http://www.billbruford.com/index.htm

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.