If you have big ankles you might find it hard to find boots that fit. The zip-up leather kind are often short in the area of ankle room. A boot made of a synthetic material may yield more comfort (though it will look more tacky, I suspect)

Big ankles have many causes: genetics, being overweight, diabetes, too much salt in your diet and being pregnant.

Florenz Ziegfeld, American theatrical producer who created the musical showboat—would not let any dancers with big ankles in to his company.

Posh Spice of the pop group the spice girls has big ankles (or so she says) her man, David, bought her e a diamond ankle bracelet from tiffany’s, but had to return it because it was too small.

Big ankles is a jazz quintet from Portstewart. They don’t write their own music very often and keep crowds happy playing stuff like Louis Jordan, Thin Lizzy, Louis Armstrong, Van Morrison, Curtis Mayfield, Bill Withers and Steely Dan. They played at the Limavady Jazz & Blues Festival in 2002.

Some people use the word "Cankles" to describe the spot on the lower leg that is normally considered the ankle, only thing is, it's as big around as the calf above it, hence "cankles".

Many people think that big ankles are no big deal. They are probably right, but for some people it can became a huge point of shame. I see other people who have slender graceful ankles then look at my wide boring ankles and feel like I’m not even human! I tried to find out if there was surgery to help but it seems there is none. Weight lost caused some change but not enough. It makes me sad and I wonder why I have to be clunky and ugly in so many ways.

Ankles are nearly always neat and good-looking, but knees are nearly always not. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.