(Hinduism, Gaudiya Vaishnavism; Sanskrit)

Bhajahu Re Mana
(O mind, worship the son of Nanda!)

by Govinda dasa Kaviraj

bhajahu re mana sri-nanda-nandana
abhaya-caranaravinda re
durlabha manava-janama sat-sange
taroho e bhava-sindhu re

O mind, just worship the lotus feet of the son of Nanda [= Sri Krishna], which make one fearless. Having obtained this rare human birth, cross over the ocean of worldly existence through the association of saintly persons.

sita atapa bata barisana
e dina jamini jai re
biphale sevinu krpana durajana capala-sukha-laba lagi re

Through both day and night I remain sleepless, suffering the pains of heat and cold, the wind and the rain, uselessly serving wicked and miserly men to win a moment's flickering happiness.

e dhana jaubana, putra parijana
ithe ki ache paratiti re
kalama-dala-jala, jibana talamala
bhajahu hari-pada niti re

What assurance of real happiness is there in all of one's wealth, youthfulness, sons and family members? This life is tottering like a drop of water on a lotus petal; so always serve and worship the divine feet of Lord Hari.

sravana kirtana, smarana vandana,
pada-sevana, dasya re
pujana, sakhi-jana, atma-nivedana
govinda-dasa-abhilasa re

Govinda Das longs to engage himself in the nine processes of bhakti; namely, hearing and chanting the glories of Lord Hari, constantly remembering Him and offering prayers to Him, serving His lotus feet, indeitfying himself as the Lord's servant, worshipping Him in the deity form, serving Him as a friend, and completely offering himself to the Lord.


<< Back to "Vaishnava Prayers & Songs"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.