Inspired by a similar but far less informative writeup that has since been deleted...

In November 2001, anti-spam crusader Neil Schwartzman received a spammed resume from Bernard Shifman, seeking employment as a computer consultant. As he did with all spam, Schwartzman reported Shifman to his ISP, noting that he was a spammer and requesting that they take appropriate action. Schwartzman quickly received an enraged and profanity-laced e-mail from Shifman, who threatened to take legal action against Schwartzman. In the flurry of e-mails which followed, Schwartzman continued to taunt Shifman, and Shifman continued to insist that he was a consulting big wheel and that his team of lawyers were going to make Schwartzman's life a living hell.

Other people found out about the situation, either by reading the webpage Schwartzman dedicated to Shifman or by doing web searches on Shifman after also receiving his spammed resume -- Shifman responded to all complaints with more shrill, desperate threats to sue and more shrill, desperate boasts that he was a Big-Time Consultant and everyone else was just jealous.

From all appearances, Schwartzman and his friends have picked on Shifman quite brutally when they should have just deleted his foolish demands as soon as they received them... but without a doubt, Shifman brought way, way too much of this on himself by acting like an ass.

/me reckons Shifman should have just enjoyed his internet meme-hood...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.