Actor born February 19, 1967 in Santurce, Puerto Rico to lawyer parents.

Benicio is Hollywood's latest "It" boy having made memorable performances in films such as Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, The Usual Suspects, and most recently Traffic and Snatch, a movie directed by Guy Ritchie, Madonna's hubby.

Benicio got his start making guest appearances on television shows like Miami Vice and in a mini-series called Drug Wars: The Kiki Camarena Story. His first feature film performance was as "Duke the Dog-Faced Boy," in the sequel to Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Big Top Pee-Wee. It was all uphill from there.

His exotic (read: non white) good looks and heavy lidded bedroom eyes lead one critic to compare del Toro to "James Dean channeling Ricardo Montalban." In actuality he exudes an aggressive and smoldering sexuality that makes Brad Pitt look like a pansy.

Actor

Benicio Del Toro is quickly becoming one of the most recognized actors in Hollywood, and it's about damn time. His first notable role came in The Usual Suspects opposite Stephen Baldwin, Gabriel Byrne and Kevin Spacey. He played a con man named Fenster who was one of the several high profile criminals in the police line up in the very same night. His performance was enigmatic and full of style. After I saw this film I couldn't wait for more.

His next stand out role came in 1998's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas co-starring Johnny Depp. He played Dr. Gonzo, Raoul Duke's (Depp) lawyer and friend. Both actors were over-the-top and delightful to watch fuck themselves up!

The Way Of The Gun with Ryan Phillipe and James Caan was an extremely violent and interesting film that deserves more credit than it received. Performances were flawless, and the story was riveting with a climax that would blow your mind.

Currently you can find Del Toro in theatres opposite Michael Douglas, Don Cheadle and Dennis Quaid in Traffic (a performance where Del Toro won a Golden Globe). Also opposite Brad Pitt and Dennis Farina in Guy Ritchie's Snatch.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.