Benchmade Knife Company
Held to a higher standard
Benchmade is perhaps one of the finest knife making companies ever to exist. From their website:

Benchmade Knife Company set-up shop in Clackamas, Oregon in 1990 (originally founded in California in 1988). The initial knives primarily consisted of the Bali-Song knives, using a combination of outside vendors and inside processing to build finished products. And like most companies, starting out meant scarce money and big plans, using second hand equipment and limited resources.

...

Today, Benchmade Knife Company manufactures knives for a loyal and ever growing following of knife users. As we move into the 21st century we are poised for even more exciting opportunities, innovations and ongoing total world-class quality. Here at Benchmade we employ a simple philosophy "Make it cool, make it solid, make it happen and definitely make it Benchmade."

http://benchmade.com/about_benchmade.asp

I own a Benchmade, and it is a truly impressive knife, well made, sharp as the dickins, and well balanced -- it feels good in your hand. and looks impressive. (For the record, it's a Nimravus, and I call it the 'rambo knife')

Benchmade makes many kinds of knifes, and although they are most famous for their butterfly knives, or balisongs, they also make sheath knives, folders, and (for military and police only), spring loaded knives.

Benchmade's care made from both high-tech alloys coatings and handles (carbon fiber, G10 (a fiberglass/epoxy compound, and aircraft grade aluminum) as well as classic materials such as wood (resin impregnated for durability, though) and stainless and tool steels.

Benchmade's come with a warranty almost as good as Leatherman's, and the company will sharpen the knife for free, if you send it to them with return postage.

http://benchmade.com/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.