Comic book supervillain, created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby for Marvel Comics. He made his first appearance in Tales of Suspense #75 in March 1966 and is generally considered a member of Captain America's rogues gallery.

His full name is Georges Batroc, and he's a master of multiple martial arts, particularly savate, a French form of kickboxing. He's also an unusually flexible acrobat, a mercenary -- and he has a truly glorious mustache. And he has exceptionally strong legs, allowing him to leap distances you wouldn't expect from a man of his size. 

He often behaves like a bit of a clown, full of bluster, pomposity, and an outrageous French accent, but Captain America considers him a very dangerous combatant while also respecting his sense of honor and fair play -- more than once, Batroc has turned against his villainous employers when they tried to kill Cap or commit widescale acts of terror. 

Batroc has occasionally employed his own teams of mercenaries and supervillains called Batroc's Brigade who are rarely as competent or as honorable as Batroc. 

Besides Captain America, other superheroes who Batroc has fought include Spider-Man, Hawkeye, the Punisher, Black Panther, Deadpool, Iron Fist, Gambit, the Great Lakes Avengers... and Batman, who he fought during the JLA/Avengers crossover miniseries. He was also a supporting cast member in "The Unbelievable Gwenpool," where he was depicted as much more noble and honorable than usual, helping train Gwenpool, offering her life advice, and even giving his blessing to her making the leap from villain to hero. 

Batroc has appeared in a number of cartoons and computer games. In "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," he was portrayed by Georges St-Pierre, a mixed martial arts champ. 

Favorite True Fact: The best way to say his name is "Batroc! ZE LEPAIR!" in an over-the-top French accent.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.