user since
Sat Dec 27 2008 at 08:14:54 (15.3 years ago )
last seen
Wed May 19 2010 at 01:59:51 (13.9 years ago )
number of write-ups
3 - View BasiaMarie's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 106
specialties
Making delicious sandwiches in under 40 seconds. Sniffing dogs and licking kittens. Inventing imaginary people. Eating cereal.
most recent writeup
Skinny people have it bad, too
Send private message to BasiaMarie

Young enough to be living with my parents and have that not be weird, female, Northern California.
Enjoys cigarettes, taking Adderall to stay up for three days just for kicks,
petting soft cats, washing dishes, eating, laughing at rappers,
looking like a homeless person, Taco Bell, acting like a dude, reading.

I READ WAY TOO MUCH AND TOO FAST.

"Each thing I do, i rush through so that I can do something else. In this way do the days pass- a blend of stock-car racing and the never-ending building of a Gothic cathedral. Through the windows of my speeding car, I see all that I love falling away- people unseen, jokes untold, landscapes unvisited..."

I will love you tomorrow, three days from now, in a week, a month, and forever.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22976702@N02/3149036440/
That'd be me. ^ up thar.

Mmm.

Veggie Spring Rolls

1 3 1/2-oz. pkg. dried-bean thread vermicelli (woon sen) 1/4 cup finely diced onion
2 carrots, grated
4 scallions, including tops, finely sliced
8 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chopped cilantro, including stems
1 cup sliced bamboo shoots
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
5 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. pepper, preferably white
1 12-oz. pkg. spring-roll wrappers
Oil for frying
Sweet and spicy dipping sauce

*
Soak the vermicelli in a large bowl of warm water until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain well in a colander. Turn the noodles onto a cutting board and cut into 2-inch pieces.
*
Combine the noodles, onions, carrots, scallions, garlic, cilantro, and bamboo shoots in a large mixing bowl. Add the soy sauce, sugar, and pepper. Mix well.
*
Cook and stir over medium-high heat until the noodles and vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
*
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
*
Remove the spring-roll wrappers from the package and cover with a damp cloth. The rolls may be baked or deep-fried.
*
For baked spring rolls, place the wrapper on a work surface with the pointed edge toward you. Place about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the filling in the center of the wrapper, fold the point up and over the filling, tuck underneath, roll the sides in toward the middle, then roll tightly to the opposite point. Moisten the edges with water to seal. With a pastry brush, brush all sides of the rolls with vegetable oil. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
*
For deep-fried rolls, use 2 wrappers for each one; proceed in the same manner as for the baked rolls. Fry in 2 inches of oil at 365°F until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Drain and serve with the dipping sauce.

Makes 12 rolls.