My current residence at Cornell University, located at the northern part of West Campus. Baker Tower is a large complex made up of several connected stone buildings. Unfortunately, the layout of the place is twisted and contorted, making it impossible to find a room if you don't know exactly where it is. Even the room numbers are not in order, instead, they are allocated with an algorithm utilizing voodoo magiks. Or it is just random.

From the outside, the place looks quite grand, with ivy curling up the walls. The medieval architecture of the stone towers definitely beats the prison-like class halls down the hill. Unfortunately, the inside is looks quite ghetto compared to the outside, with plastic floors, plasterboard walls, and dim lighting. The insect infestations are disturbing, there are flies, mosquitoes and even bees buzzing around.

The rooms themselves are quite large and comfortable. The downside is that there are only two bathrooms in the entire tower, which means 10 men sharing one shower, one toilet and two sinks. Not good. There is only 1 TV lounge in the entire tower complex. The janitors work on a "flexible schedule". Baker Tower easily beats out Class of 22, where I lived last year, but that isn't saying much.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.