Baked kale chips are a quick, healthy, and delicious snack. They are not, however, technically chips. But they are a lot more like potato chips than we have any right to expect, being salty and thin and crunchy... and delicious.

  • Preheat oven to 350 fahrenheit (175 celsius).
  • Shred some kale into bite-sized bits.
  • Put on baking sheet.
  • Spritz with olive oil.
  • Sprinkle with salt.
  • You may add other seasonings to taste; black pepper and garlic are often used, but are unnecessary.
  • Bake for 10-15 minutes; remove when the edges of the leaves are turning brown.

People generally remove the thick ribs in the kale, as these do not turn crunchy. If you leave them in, you will have juicy bits of kale in with your chips. If you do this, you may wish to cook the whole shebang for longer, taking occasional samples to make sure that everything remains delicious. Odds are that you will continue to enjoy the chips well into deep brown territory.

Some people will add sesame seeds after baking, and I'm sure that there are any number of other interesting things to do with the chips if salt and oily isn't good enough for you. Let me know if you discover any successful variants, and I'll add them here.

moeyz reports: "I've tried swiss chard and bok choy, baked, but use soy sauce instead of salt. No complaints from family."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.