These monster sandwhiches stand on their own as an entire meal. It alleviates the trouble of having to come up with side-dish ideas. Preparation is quick and easy, as is the clean up. I call them bachelor sandwhiches because, as a bachelor I find them to be quite useful and very tasty. It's not fast-food but good food real fast.

So here are some of my recommendations that will hopefully get you thinking about other delicious creation possibilities. Alter and add to them to have a different taste experience every night.


Fried Frozen Sandwich

Just throw your frozen food in the oven and wait. Grab yourself a big crusty roll, add the fixins and then throw the hot item on there with the rest of the toppings. Wa-la, a great hot meal.

  • fish sticks or chicken nuggets
  • cheddar cheese
  • mayonnaise
  • mustard
  • pepper

The Gourmet

You can start by either throwing the chicken in the oven as this is easiest and healthiest. Now, you're gonna want to saute those mushrooms. If you have some wine, go ahead and use that along with some butter, onions and garlic to make those mushrooms a killer treat for your tastebuds. You'll now be waiting for the chicken to be done as the sauteeing doesn't take long at all. When the chicken's done, put it all together on sliced sourdough bread, with the cheese nicely melting on top of the chicken and then cover it all in those delicious mushrooms. Now pour yourself a glass of that wine and think to yourself, damn, I'm a helluva cook!


Sweet Stack

This one's incredibly easy, the only preparation being to cut up a good amount of fruit. Soft white bread is the best with this one. Crush the walnut into small pieces to make it easier to spread on the sandwich and eat.


Superb Tuna Sandwich

Boil an egg and the chop it and the onions and pickles up. Throw a whole can of tuna into a bowl and add the chopped ingredients and a good bit of mayonnaise. Add a little bit of mustard to give some sharpness to its flavor. Mix it all up real well with a fork and then put it on some sliced sourdough, adding the cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Mouth-watering.

Omelet Sandwich

A tasty breakfast idea but really equally as good at any time of the day or night. First things first is creating a high quality omelet.

Find yourself a nice small pan with some sort of non-stick surface. You then need three eggs which you crack into a bowl and then whip. Have all your ingredients ready to go (all chopped and set to the side) before you actually put the egg in the pan. Add some butter to the pan and don't set the heat too high. Throw all the ingredients except the egg into the pan, and then pour the egg on top of it all. Once the egg has formed a skin on the bottom, you can use a spatula to pick up one side of the omelet and then tilt the pan so that the liquid egg cooks on the pan's surface. Not only is this quicker, but it makes the omelet easier to flip. It will all be solid in the end. When it's pretty thoroughly coooked go ahead and flip it. If you've got the skills, just use the pan and some decent wrist action to toss that baby. If you don't, just use the spatula. Now take the grated cheddar and place it on top of our egg circle. Now just use the spatula to fold the omelet in half and you'll soon have a beautiful omelet that's filled with ooey-gooey cheese.

Take this and put it on your nicely toasted bread and add hotsauce if you wish. Breakfast is served - anytime.


There's also the Dagwood sandwich, named after the husband in the Blondie comic-strip. Besides naps on the couch he also had quite a weak spot for huge sandwiches. Basically, take a look around your kitchen and just start piling whatever you can find on to some bread. The more the better. This is a tower of a sandwich.

For some reason, everything tastes better when it's in a sandwich!


ADDITION! - 6-10-04

I Don't Know What The Hell to Call this One

  1. Take a large French load of bread and slice it sidewise to whatever length you desire. Whatever the case, this is sure to end up a meal of a sandwich.
  2. Take the egg and fry over-medium at least so that you d on't get yoke running down your chin, unless that's some sort of fetish-like pleasure of yours.
  3. While the egg is cooking, slab mayo on both sides of the bread, and add mustard to only one. Sprinkle with pepper.
  4. Now the egg is finished and you've layed it ever so gently on your ambitous culinaryism. Top it with sliced deli-style turkey. At this point you could also substitute your favorite lunch meat instead. Your call.
  5. Lay the Maui Onion liberally on the turkey, sprinkle shredded parmesan (not that anthrax-like powder that comes in the green can!), and then add your peperoncinis. If you're not a spice fan you can omit this ingredient.
  6. Gingerly combine your mouth-watering halves and place in a conventional oven pre-heated to 400 degrees. Let cook for about ten minutes to nicely melt the cheeses and other ingredients together, but you still want the bread to be warm and soft with only a slight crisp to it.

My bachelor powers were in full effect tonight!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.