Blorf is one of the "great mysteries" of the world. It's a very simple web page with a black background and five gifs. On each gif you see a letter surrounded by a wierd, colored blot. With the combined power of all five (kinda like Voltron), it spells out blorf. When you click on one of the jpegs, the blot around the letter changes at random to one of five or six other miscellaneous shapes and colors, allowing you to create your own combinations.

I hesitate to believe, however, that this page does not have some deeper meaning, that it's just a limited electronic paint spattering game. What is blorf? An abbreviation of some sort, perhaps? One thing for certain, the creator of the page is not financially motivated. There are no ads on the site whatsoever and no links or content of any sort aside from the jpegs themselves. The page sends only one message, and that message is b l o r f, whatever it may mean.

oh yeah...just in case you think I'm lying...

http://www.blorf.com

Maybe someone could add some insight on this?

Barr's Law of Recursive Futility (BLORF):

    If you are smart enough to use one of these... you can probably manage without one.
This law deals with the tricky world of recursive algorithms, used by computer programmers, to solve a certain class of problems. Because the defining characteristic of recursive algorithms is that they invoke themselves, they are known for being very tricky to implement, very unpredictable when they're wrong, a pain in the ass to debug, and quite powerful when done right. BLORF makes the point that anyone who's capable of actually getting recursion to work will be able to come up with a less complex solution.

But that would be boring.

Also, 'blorf' is sometimes used as a psuedo-variable name (metasyntactic variable), a sillier version of 'foo' and 'bar'.

Finally, saying 'blorf' in a strained voice produces a reasonable imitation of vomiting.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.