It's October 5,2010 and instead of doing homework I did a lot of reading here.
Holy shit. I mean, just, wow.

Oops I did it again. I found a user and read everything they have ever written. Actually, I picked two but they were connected. Except this time I only read through their daylogs. This was an amazing story.

It is not uncommon for a user here to bitch and/or moan about a recently broken relationships through nodes, daylogs or otherwise. It is a bit less common when their partner is a user. But this, this was more along the lines of ranting and absolute emotional outbursts on one side and very little to say on the other. This was a story spanning years.

One of the bonuses of having a site that has been around for so long is seeing how people change, how they grow up. A lot of users were mere teenagers when they first started, so sure they knew everything, that they were so grown up. Now, years later, they can look back at laugh at how stupid and immature they were and much they have learned and how more mature they are. We can share a part of that with them.

If E2 needs something to make it stand out from the rest of the internet, this would be it. I've said it before but Everything2 is like postsecret except better. The myspace page for postsecret was always flooded with comments from people giving out their phone numbers, reaching out to counsel and listen. I'm sure the facebook page is similar. The main site even has a community portal and a lot of it is in the same spirit. People read these amazing stories and secrets and desperately wanted to reach out and talk to these people. Even the weekly posted secrets have e-mail responses from people who have something they wanted to say to whoever sent or whoever reads and connects with that secret. We can do that here with so much more ease.

Hello, we are Everything2, what's your name?

Yesterday and Tomorrow.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.