SCENE TWENTY

(Lights down on the main stage and the BAR, up on the platform where OMP used to be. It's been cleared, and Alex is standing there, fussing with a phone.)

ALEX: H-hi. Emerson? It’s… It’s Alex. I was talking to a friend about you and, well, would you like to meet up somewhere? Soon? (Pause) How about nine o’ clock? Sounds great.

(ALEX exits, lights down on OMP, up on the main stage, which is set for the RESTAURANT. The set is the same as for KOPI, with the lounge removed and replaced half with tables, half with a stage area. GEORGE and ROSE are at a table, the FILM crew at another. JESSIE is on the stage, and starts singing (the capitalized text).)

JESSIE: AT LAST

ROSE: You didn’t.

GEORGE: I did. (The two tackle-hug, kiss.)

JESSIE: MY LOVE HAS COME ALONG / MY LONELY DAYS ARE OVER

CHARLIE: Guys.

JESSIE: AND LIFE IS LIKE A SONG

CHARLIE: I know what our movie should be on.

(This next sequence is all in the staging - Jessie comes forward while everyone clears the stage and does mini montage moments. The front curtain closes.)

JESSIE: OH YEAH YEAH / AT LAST

(BAR PATRONS walk to center stage.)

TAYLOR: Is this the spot?

SAWYER: Yeah.

JORDAN: Why do we always come here?

SAWYER: I don't know.

JESSIE: THE SKIES ABOVE ARE BLUE

SAWYER: It’s tradition.

JESSIE: MY HEART WAS WRAPPED UP IN CLOVER

BAR PATRONS: (They toast.) Next year in Jerusalem! (They stagger off in different directions.)

JESSIE: THE NIGHT I LOOKED AT YOU / I FOUND A DREAM THAT I COULD SPEAK TO / A DREAM THAT I CAN CALL MY OWN

(RILEY and the FILM CREW walk through the stage, filming a video. CASEY and CHARLIE are dressed strangely. CAMERON is in a whale costume.)

JESSIE: I FOUND A THRILL TO PRESS MY CHEEK TO / A THRILL THAT I HAVE NEVER KNOWN

(DAKOTA walks up near JESSIE. They get a little close, but don't kiss.)

JESSIE: OH YEAH YEAH

(ALEX enters one side of the stage, milling about, waiting. EMERSON (who can be some random person or crew member) walks out on the other side, then runs across to ALEX, possibly hugs them.)

JESSIE: YOU SMILED, YOU SMILED

ALEX: Wow. Emerson.

JESSIE: OH AND THEN THE SPELL WAS CAST

ALEX: Hi. How long has it been since we last saw each other?

JESSIE: AND HERE WE ARE IN HEAVEN

EMERSON: I don’t know.

JESSIE: FOR YOU ARE MINE

EMERSON: Too long.

JESSIE: AT LAST.


Previous | Scene Directory | Next

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.