Transforms from space shuttle to locomotive to robot and back!

DECEPTICON: ASTROTRAIN

FUNCTION: MILITARY TRANSPORT
"In confusion there is opportunity."

Creating confusion is his specialty. As a Triple Changer, can switch from space shuttle to train to robot almost instantaneously. Thrives on foes' panic and fear. As shuttle, travels at 20,000 mph in orbit, up to 50,000 mph out of orbit...can launch weapons and satellites. Carries cargo. As a train, top speed is 400 mph, range 1700 miles. As robot has great strength, carries powerful ionic displacer rifle.

  • Strength: 9
  • Intelligence: 7
  • Speed: 10
  • Endurance: 7
  • Rank: 6
  • Courage: 7
  • Firepower: 6
  • Skill: 8
Transformers Tech Specs


Astrotrain was incredibly, inexplicably cool. It must have been the space shuttle mode, because no one could figure out how a locomotive would be very useful in a fight. (I wonder why it never occurred to anyone how a locomotive could drive without train tracks on the ground, anyways.) In the cartoon he was often used to transport the rest of the Decepticons as a group, despite being the same size as Starscream in robot mode, which brought him (along with Megatron and Soundwave) to the fore of the discussion whenever fans wondered how TFs changed size in mid-transformation.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.