Dramatis Personae
Duke Senior living in banishment.
Rosalind is the daughter to the banished Dukey, and most of this story is about what she does and why.
Duke Frederick his brother, an usurper of his dominions. And a jerk.
Amiens is a Lord attending the banished duke who is a talented musician and trusted friend.
Jaques is a Lord attending the banished duke who has no particular talent whatsoever, is melancholy, sarcastically rude, loud, boisterous and annoying, but Duke Senior keep Jack around cuz Jack makes Dukey laugh. (Jaques is the reason to see this play. He steals the show.)
Le Beau is a courtier attending upon {the jerk} Frederick, and is also his foil.
Charles wrestler to Frederick.
Oliver and Jaques de Boys are the sons of Sir Rowland de Boys {There are two Jacks. Don't get them confused.}
Orlando, Adam and Dennis are servants to Oliver.
Touchstone is a jester of some note, who hangs with Rosalind most of the time.
Sir Oliver Martext - a vicar aka clergy man.
Corin and Silvius are shepherds
Audrey is a country wench.
William is a simple man from the country who is in love with Audrey.
Hymen ...well actually this guy who shows up to speak on his behalf.
Celia is Frederick's daughter
Phoebe is a shepherd.. shepherdess? shepherd woman.. shepherd person?
Forester and Other Lords, Pages, and Miscellaneous Attendants attending the banished Duke including
First Lord, Second Lord First Page, Second Page, etc. . These are noblemen loyal to Dukey who choose to leave with Duke Senior when he gets kicked out. There's roughly a dozen or so. They're mostly extras and window dressing. Billy didn't give them many lines, so they're hardly worth mentioning.

Scene Breakdown

The story starts inside the city limits but soon follows the Duke and his entourage into the nearby forest. The locations for the story are as follows:

ACT ONE
Scene One - Happens in the orchard of Oliver's house
Scene Two - The lawn just outside Duke Senior's Palace.
Scene Three - A room inside the Palace.

ACT TWO
Scene One - Somewhere in the Forest of Arden.
Scene Two - A room inside the Palace.
Scene Three - Just outside the front door to Oliver's house.
Scene Four - Some place in the Forest of Arden.
Scene Five - Another place in The Forest of Arden.
Scene Six - Yet Another Place in the Forest of Arden.
Scene Seven - Still Yet Another Place in the Forest of Arden.

ACT THREE
Scene One - Meanwhile, back at the Palace...
Scene Two - Forest of Arden.
Scene Three - Forest of Arden.
Scene Four - You guessed it. Forest of Arden.
Scene Five - Yet Still Quite Another Place Somewhere in the Forest of Arden.

ACT FOUR
Scene One - ...It's a big forest..
Scene Two - Lots of trees there yesiree..
Scene Three - And Yet Still Even So Quite Another Place Somewhere in the Forest of Arden Which Looks Curiously Similar to All The Other Places in the Forest of Arden but is still Yet Another Place Just the Same.

ACT FIVE
Scene One - Forest
Scene Two - Ditto
Scene Three - Yawn..
Scene Four - And we're done..

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.