A professional football team in the National Football League (NFL). They currently play their home games at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona. They reside in the NFC West division, which is part of the National Football Conference or NFC. Some interesting facts about the Cardinals are that they are a charter member of the NFL, and have existed as a team since 1898. They are, however the most putrid, awful franchise in the NFL. (Yes, even worse than the Cincinnati Bengals) Why, one may ask? Here are some reasons:

  1. They have in the last 20 years (1983-2002) amassed a 118-198 win-loss record.
  2. In that same time period they have won exactly zero division titles. (Their last division title was in 1975)
  3. They are one of the few teams that have never been to a Super Bowl. (The Bengals have been to 2 Super Bowls, in 1981 and 1989)
  4. For the avid NFL fan, name 5 Arizona Cardinals quarterbacks...Could'nt think of five huh?...Well, neither could I, (and I am a avid fan of all things NFL) but I did some research, answers are below.
  5. Ok, so perhaps you failed the quarterback test, so try this...Name a good Cardinals head coach? (Joe Bugel doesn't count) Again, answers below.
  6. Their longtime owner William "Bill" Bidwell is a idiot.
  7. At a average Arizona Cardinals game the visiting teams' fans far outnumber the Arizona fans, even cheering for the visiting players. (Example:Daryl "Moose" Johnston of Dallas Cowboys fame would come to Tempe, and whenever he touched the ball the shout of "Moooooooose"! were deafening)

Frankly, between the losing and the moving (previous names of this team were the Phoenix Cardinals, St. Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cardinals) I am suprised they have any fans at all, but I am a Boston Red Sox fan so who am I to talk?

The 5 quarterbacks are in no particular order:
  1. Neil Lomax
  2. Jim Hart
  3. Jake Plummer
  4. Dave Krieg
  5. Charley Johnson
The coach was Don Coryell, who coached from 1973-1977. Dates and stats were found at www.pro-football-reference.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.