Produced by Accuracy International of Portsmouth, England. The Arctic Warfare, or AW, is one of the world's most accurate sniper rifles.

This rifle can shoot less than 51mm groups at the distances of 550m, using boat-tail match ammunition, but has a maximum effective range of 800m with 7.62x51mm NATO and +1100m with Magnum loadout.

In the Arctic Warfare line of 5 rifles, there is the original Arctic Warfare that was designed for the British military. It gained its designation by special anti-freezing features, allowing sniping operations to be carried out under Arctic conditions as low as -40 Celcius.
The models are:
Original (AW) - 660mm barrel.
Police (AWP) - 609mm barrel.
Suppressed (AWS).
Folding (AWF).
Super Magnum (AWSM) - available barrels from 609mm to 686mm.
Three first rifles are chambered for 7.62mm NATO ammunition, while Super Magnum can be chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum, .300 Winchester Magnum and 7mm Remington Magnum.

The standard scopes supplied by Accuracy International are Smidt and Bender 3x to 12x variable or the Leupold Mark 4 fixed 10X scope.
The AW, which weighs in at about 6800gr, is bolt action for maximum accuracy and the magazine holds 5 rounds.

Accuracy International has developed a .50 caliber version of the Arctic Warfare, the AW50. This rifle is designed to fire .50 BMG ammunition. It was designed to handle both military and commercial types of this ammunition. The AW50 also has a built in recoil system, an improved muzzle brake, and a third supporting leg, in addition to the standard bipod. The AW50 also has a folding stock.

This whole package with and empty magazine weighs 16Kg.

Additional options for the rest of the AW line include:

A bipod with spring loaded legs, an adjustable cheekpiece, an adjustable buttplate, and a folding stock.

Optional calibers include:

For the AW and AWP:
.260 Rem
7.08 Rem

AWM rifle:
.264 Win Mag
7mm Rem Mag
.300 Norma Mag
.338 Win Mag




Source: www.accuracyinternational.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.