Greetings fellow noders! I know my tri-yearly daylog has been anticipated for quite some time now, so here you go!.

Things here at Auburn University are pretty much the Same as it Ever Was, except for there is this uber cool dude walking around campus with a mohawk. Yes, that cool dude is I, boywithlegs! See, the other day, it was time to shave my head, as I do every 2 months or so, 'cept my friend decided it would be a good idea to give me a mohawk. I agreed, and the last week or so has been the most exhilarating of my life! Well, maybe not, but I had never really realized the infamy of a nonconformist before. I mean, I wouldn't call myself a punk per-se, although I do listen to bands such as Unwound, Joan of Arc, etc. that no one I know has heard of. Punk, no; diverse record collection, perhaps.

Also, I've figured out how to get free alcohol. The secret: shop lifting. See, I go to the Spectrum convenience store on the corner of Gay and Glenn, walk to the back wall, where they have all the refrigerated beverages. In the corner of the "L", on that back wall, there is a door leading to a room containing cases of beer. If you walk into that room, the clerks can't see your actions, and you can even walk behind the coolers where all of the imported beer and cheap, fruity wine is for sale, and stuff that shit in your pants! That's how I'm drinking wine coolers right now, despite the fact that I'm broke as a joke.

Anywhoo, 'bout the mohawk. The other night I was at a neighbor of mine's friend's apartment, and there was this chick across the street with a couple other dudes, so I mosied on over there and was all, "Hey, baby, you like mohawks?"

And she was all, "Oh, yeah! I only date guys with mohawks!"

And I was all, "You wanna touch one?"

And she was all, "Wow, I've never been asked that before..."

And me all, "Don't be scared, baby."

Then I think she laughed or something. She never had sex with me, irregardless, and that pretty much sums up my life right now.

In case you're wondering why 3 out of 4 of my wu's are daylogs, you can Suck a Cheetah's Dick. The one that isn't a daylog has 2 C!'s, baby, and there's plenty more where that came from.

Also, I've figured out my plans for this summer. My brother has a Sun Raider, a sort of Winnebago that you drive around to go camping with. And me and my boy are gonna live in that mofo this summer on the beaches of the Gulf Coast of Alabama this summer and work on the beach, make love to females, and drink lots of beer! So you fools won't be hearing from me for a while, not that you ever do anyway. But I'll fill you in on all the details in September.

Until then, keep it real, my cyber friends!


Update! ~After some not-so-scrutinous self examination, it was obvious that I am indeed very punk! I wipe my ass with MRR!


David Bloom
1963-2003
Rest in Peace

Your courage touched me...
You will be missed, and will not be forgotten.

Enlightenment grows slowly but dies quickly

Funny how that works. After 8 days up in the tasmanian wilderness I found myself relaxed, strong of body and clear of mind. It was as if the resolution had been bumped up by a factor of 2. Colours were more vibrant, edges sharper, the air tasted cleaner and I was at peace with everything around me.

/me groans - I've been back at work for 1 (count 'em - one) day now. Looking outside the colours are washed out, the lines are blurred and you could cut the air with a knife. My life, after reaching a soaring highpoint, has descended quite rapidly into the abyss. While just a week earlier I floated on the breeze now I am trapped in clay. The funny thing is, I know that my life isn't all that bad.

Everything is relative I suppose.

kowalski says i miss your daylogs... i wish you'd start writing them again.

Wouldn't want to disappoint anyone. It has been a quite a while, actually, over a month and a half since I've written a daylog, or much of anything in fact, although I still drop in to read E2 almost every day.

Let's see where I'm at. Since last time, Go Pro has moved out of the apartment (at my behest, since he was a disgusting individual who never cleaned, made a huge mess, and worst of all, drank my beer), and Eun Jung has moved in. Yes, my Korean girlfriend moved into my apartment about a month ago. She asked me if it would be possible, at some point in the indefinite future. I said it would be, if my roommates didn't live with me.

Apparently, one out of two leaving was good enough for her, since she moved in soon thereafter. It kind of took me by surprised. She'd slept at my place a couple of times before, so when we went out that Friday night, I asked her where she wanted to sleep. She said my place. She had a bag with her, and I asked her what was in it. She said a change of clothes. But then, I had somewhere to go the next evening. I asked her if I should call her when I finished, or whether we should just meet the next day. She gave me the "What, you don't know?" look and told me that she'd be waiting at home when I got back. That Sunday night, I figured that she'd be staying over again, but I still thought it was just for the weekend. The fact that she'd actually moved in only hit me when, the next morning, she asked me to give me my keys before going to work. "Don't worry," she said, "I'll be here to let you in when you get back." And that was that.

All is not well, though. I've realized that I can't marry this girl, and I'm going to have to break up with her soon. The problem, strangely, isn't what she does when I'm around, but what she doesn't do when I'm not around. She doesn't do anything. She sits at home and watches television and waits for me to get home. Having common interests isn't really important to me. I don't need a girl who loves roleplaying games, Go, creative writing and physics. I do need a girl who loves something, though. As I said in an email to my family and friends, "If she was passionate about, say, basket weaving, and spent the days filling the apartment with useless wicker baskets, I'd be content." But I love life, and want to appreciate every last minute of it by doing stuff, and being with a girl who is letting it slip through her fingers makes me feel like I'm doing the same.

Of course, I'm getting inane "I told you so," comments from my more annoying friends, who don't seem to understand that I haven't done anything worth regretting. These are the people who told me that I was a fool for getting into a relationship with a girl who said that she would expect to get engaged after a year or so if we were to be together. They don't realize that what has happened proves them wrong, rather than right. The idea behind their argument was that a year is not enough time, and that it might be a mistake to get married to someone after that little time, as you might later discover that they weren't right for you after all. The fact that I realized it after just three months proves that a year is, at least for me, more than enough time to realize if a girl is not the right one. To claim that they knew she was wrong all along would be ridiculous, as they've never met her. So I fail to see how they "told me" anything.

Enough about love. What about the rest of life? Bill and Maria have quit our school. Good riddance, except that it means more work for the rest of us. For a while, it was looking like a British friend of mine might come work here for a few months, but she had to cancel, since she got a job interview for the BBC position she's been desiring. We finally have found a new teacher, however, a middle-aged Australian woman by the name of Gayl. We're all desperately hoping that when she starts work, they're planning on giving her some of our classes, rather than creating new classes for her. Technically, our working hours are all within the provisions of our contracts, but six hours of class back-to-back is starting to erode my sanity.

Aside from love and work, what is there in life? Go. I made it into the single-digit kyu on IGS recently, and quickly soared up to 6k*, which seems to be a plateau for a lot of people. Another 6 ranks, and I'll be at the much coveted shodan level. Given my current rate of progress, I should make it at just about the same time I finish my contract at Evan-Moor School. I went to the kiwon (Badouk club) on Sunday to play some games in person, a refreshing change from always playing over the Internet. After playing a bunch of even games against similarly-ranked Korean guys in their 30s and 40s, I played a few three handicap stone games against some guy who must have been about 70 years old, and about shodan skill level or a tad weaker. He couldn't speak any English, and I don't know any of the Korean badouk (Go)terminology, but I learned a bit just from watching his reaction to my moves. Bad moves were met with a sad, slow shake of the head, while good were met with a grunt, a moment of contemplation, another grunt, and then a slow nod. I felt like I was playing with Yoda. It was great fun. I beat him by four points the first time (with 3 handicap stones, remember), while the second game, he managed to kill one of my corner groups so I had to resign.

Letting go is so hard.

This girl was the most important thing to me in the world, for maybe 2 years, until suddenly we broke contact. We both helped each other through our own individual depressions and loneliness, but this kind of total dependence ends up lasting a lot longer than the relationship. While helping each other, we also dragged each other down a lot, and after a while I realised that her constant disappointments we're only dragging me further down, though I realised this much too late, and I ended up losing my friends, and the future that I had been working towards all these years.

We initiated contact again recently, as I have previously day-logged, and now I know this is the worst mistake I have made in quite a while, as she has already begun dragging me down all over again. And the constant feeling of wanting nothing more than for her to be in my arms isn't helping. It's not that I couldn't have her, its that she hasn't changed, but I have, and I'm trying to live, trying to pull my life together, and be someone. While she is still the same person, who already has, and will continue to hurt me in the same way.

I spent last friday night waiting for her, as I used to, but she decided, without calling, to go out with some other people instead, so for the 4th time, out of the 6 organised meetings weve had recently, shes fucked with my head. Now I feel bad for telling her its not healthy for me to see her anymore. I can't concentrate on anything while knowing she exists, I can't think about anything else, but I'm trying so desperately to lose these feelings. Trying to hold in tears that don't deserve to be shed in the first place, as I know that she holds no particular care for me anymore, despite her apparent longing to get back together.

I can't get her out of my head, but I know how much it will hurt to try to continue this "friendship" or to get back together. I hate these unreliable feelings, and I hate myself for not being able to shake them. She is the cause of my depression, because she was the only cause of my happiness. I know its not all her fault, but she really tries too hard to make everyone unhappy, usually the people who she thinks will run away if they aren't, and I was never one of those people. But I am determined to be one now, for my mental health.

I really don't know what I'm saying here anymore. I need companionship, I need advice, I'm always needing other people.. But theres noone around.

I would like to offer proof that global warming is not happening, an ice storm in April. In fact I read an article posted on slashdot about how temps are not getting higher, I know this as it snows and freezing rains here.

On Friday night, West Michigan was hit with an ice storm, some places have over an inch of ice when it is all said and done. Trees are down all over, power is down all over and cable is out. At one time Consumers Power lists over 385,000 people without power.

My fiancee and I were sitting in a local restraunt when we saw a line go down. What a brilliant display of light, the sky was bright blue for a bit, then everything went dark. There is a kind of eerie feeling driving through streets that are normally lit bright with street lamps or lights from buildings and houses. Stop lights become 4 way stops and the world sort of slow downs.

It is Monday, and here I am at work, we didn't lose power at all, thanks to the generator, but for some reason we don't have out or in bound phones. We called the phone company but they are so far behind that it will take a long time to get things back to "normal". Oh well, at least I have power and E2.

From The Wall Street Journal of Friday, April 4th, "Multinational Firms Take Steps To Avert Boycotts Over War":

One of the most concerted attacks has been against Coca-Cola Co., whose competitors in parts of the Arab world are seeking to paint Coke as the soft-drink of the infidel.

Now, I don't know about you but I think "The soft drink of the infidel" is one hell of a slogan. I understand though that this would lead to a sharp decrease in sales in areas with large Muslim populations, so obviously rather than embracing this portrayal Coke needs to come up with a more Islam-friendly ad campaign. Like a laughing shaykh hoisting a bottle with the caption: "Followers of the Prophet love Coke!" Or: "All praise due to Allah...and Coke!"

Cynical? Well, say what you will Mister and Miz Armchair Soda Advertising Campaign Critic, but at least this American has a plan for winning the hearts and minds of the residents of this most volatile of regions back to the greatest soft drink (or "soda" as all right-thinking people call it) the world has ever known. When you come up with your own campaign for putting ice-cold bottles of Coke in the hands of dusky moppets all over the Arab world, you just give me a call.

By which I do not literally mean, "Give me a call." The last thing I want is for people to ring my home phone in the middle of the night telling me about their ideas re: Coca-Cola. Buncha freaks.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.