This came to my mailbox yesterday. However, I still refuse to believe I got it.

(Bunch of headers snipped)

From: "john" <SPAMMERMAILADDRESS>
To: <wwwwolf@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 02:16:14 +0100

Did you request this e-mail?

Do you know who it is from?

If the answer is no, then you need the latest solution to junk and 'spam' e-mails, the Mailbox Filter.

A free 30 day trial of this software is available now, visit (SPAMMER'S WEBSITE).

To be removed from this mailing, simply reply to this e-mail with 'remove' in the subject line.

I didn't LART this fool immediately, because I'm still standing here with my jaw on the ground. Someone please call the doctor. This sort of jaw problem sort of hurts.

Let's see...

I know what was the idea here: The spammer annoys the user with this spam so they could sell the user a way of getting rid of the spam.

Of course, I wouldn't put too much credibility on people who sell products that kill their own source of money... I guess Johnny here is saying "I'm an idiot! I'm an annoying idiot! Give me $$$MONEY$$$ and punch me to get rid of me!" I guess people will rather just punch them... =)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.