This vampiric discipline grants the ability to communicate with and control animals, as well as allowing the vampire some measure of control over his own Beast and that of other vampires. Vampires with this discipline can use animals as spies and servants, and end Frenzy in others, along with many other deceptively valuable abilities. From White Wolf Game Studios' Vampire: The Masquerade role-playing game.

A discipline in White Wolf Game Studio's Vampire: The Masquerade. With it, a vampire develops a close relationship with The Beast and with Nature. As the vampire grows in power s/he is capable of communicating with and commanding animals. The powers this discipline offers are as follows.

  1. Feral Whispers: Through eye contact a vampire can communicate or give very simple commands to an animal. The more simple the creature is, the more difficult the communication is. Animals such as insects and invertebrates are not intelligent for this power to have any effect. (V:TM)
  2. Beckoning: By mimicking the sound of an animal, such as howling like a wolf, the vampire can call animals of that type (who can hear the call) to him. (V:TM)
  3. Quell the Beast: This allows the vampire to supernaturally soothe its victim and put it into a state of apathy. (V:TM)
  4. Sublime the Spirit: By making eye contact the vampire is able to possess an animal. During this time the vampire's body is in a coma and is completely helpless, however the vampire has complete control over its new animal body and can even use a few disciplines. (V:TM)
  5. Drawing Out the Beast: Vampires use this power when the Beast is about to send them into frenzy. At that point they draw it out using this discipline and put it into the body of another being, vampiric or otherwise, and send it into an instant Frenzy. (V:TM)
  6. Animal Succulence: A vampire with this power is able to draw sustenance from animal blood, something that is very difficult to accomplish without this ability. (GtC)
  7. Conquer the Beast: With this discipline the vampire is no longer subject to random frenzies, but rather s/he can frenzy at will. It is rumored that this is the first step towards Golconda. (GtC)
  8. Taunt the Caged Beast: A simple touch is all that is required for a vampire with this power to send another creature into a frenzy. (GtC)
  9. Unchain the Beast: At this level, the vampire's control over the Beast is so great that it is able to force the Beasts of its enemies to manifest and tear the vampire apart from within. (GtC)

An"i*mal*ism (#), n. [Cf. F. animalisme.]

The state, activity, or enjoyment of animals; mere animal life without intellectual or moral qualities; sensuality.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.