Anakin Skywalker's theme song from Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. Like all other Star Wars music, it was composed by John Williams. It is most often played in the key of A Major. It is most notable for its reference to the Imperial March and thus to Anakin's eventual transformation into Darth Vader.

"If you listen to it carefully, it quotes the Darth Vader theme, which is the Imperial March from The Empire Strikes Back, film two. It's a lyrical cantilena and a sweet piece, but beneath it you can hear that it could become the Darth Vader theme."
- John Williams

It is heard at several points during Episode I, most notably during Anakin's first appearance and when he meets Padmé. The piece is also repeated briefly when Anakin and Obi-Wan Kenobi arrive at the beginning of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

The orchestrated version, which appears on the film's soundtrack, is a blend of strings and woodwinds, specifically flutes.

Though the piece is considerably lighter and softer than some of Williams' louder Star Wars themes (such as the Main Theme and Duel of the Fates, the Imperial March quote gives it dark undertones.

The quote from the Imperial March occurs at the end of each phrase and is more evident in the second half of the song than it is in the first. It quotes the end of some phrases from the Imperial March.


Resource:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/2001-11-13-john-williams-star-wars.htm

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.