Everything But The Girl's 9th album (not including compilations), released in 1994.

1. Rollercoaster
2. Troubled Mind
3. I Don't Understand Anything
4. Walking To You
5. Get Me
6. Missing
7. Two Star
8. We Walk The Same Line
9. 25th December
10. Disenchanted

The album was re-released in 1995 after the success of the remix of Missing, with the remix added as the 11th track.

Amplified Heart was recorded after Ben Watt's ordeal with Churg-Strauss Syndrome (the story is told in great, often harrowing, but beautiful detail in his book Patient).

The album is quite fascinating for all its (mostly intentional) Nick Drake connections. Several musicians who worked with Nick Drake at Witchseason appear on Amplified Heart, including Danny Thompson, Richard Thompson and Dave Mattacks (all of Fairport Convention), and some string arrangements were done by Harry Robinson, who also arranged strings on several Nick Drake recordings. Also playing on the record is Kate St. John, of The Dream Academy, who recorded the memorable Nick Drake tribute "Life In A Northern Town".

Amplified Heart was also Everything But The Girl's first (small) foray into the world of electronica. Although the album is predominantly acoustic-based, the use of breakbeats on a couple of the album tracks (Missing and Get Me) gave an indication of their future direction, cemented with the release of the Todd Terry remix of Missing.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.