Born December 19, 1972 in Brooklyn, New York, young Alyssa Milano grew up working class in Staten Island. Her mother, Lin, worked as a fashion designer, and her father, Tom, worked as a film music editor. She got her first big break in the first national tour of Annie as July, one of the orphans. She was seven. Following the 18 month tour, she took roles in television commercials and off-Broadway theater.

At the age of ten, she stepped into our living rooms for the first time as Samantha Micelli, Tony Danza's spunky daughter in Who's The Boss. Since that time, she has starred in a number of roles on television and in movies (see TheBooBooKitty's filmography).

Here are some minor details that might interest you.

  • She's tattooed. Her body art includes a heart on her butt, a fairy on her hip, an Om symbol on her wrist, rosary beads on her back, an angel on her left ankle, and flowers around her right ankle.
  • She likes hockey.
  • She can play the piano and the flute.
  • The Japanese must love her. All her albums have gone platinum there. They are entitled Alyssa, Look In My Heart, Best in the World, Locked In a Dream, and Do You See Me?
  • She lost out to Shannen Doherty for the Rene Mosier role in Mallrats.
  • She makes about $80K per episode for her work on Charmed, a show on the WB Network.

According to her site, which is packed tight with quality pictures of the young thespian, she is quite a champion of the rights of not only herself but other celebrities on the world wide web. With the settlement money she has won from various copyright infringement cases, she has launched safesearching.com, where we, the viewing public, can search for information on our favorite celebrities without fear of misinformation, lies, and nude video captures. I think all this got started when an alert webmaster violated her intellectual property rights by circulating pictures of her topless in Embrace of the Vampire (thanks belgand). Look around on Morpheus or Google and you will see what the ruckus was about.

Sources:
Her official site, alyssa.com (very nice)
The Internet Movie Database (imdb.com)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.