Babylon 5 Season 2, Episode 11. Written by J. Michael Straczynski, directed by Mario DiLeo. Originally aired on February 15, 1995.

Primary Plot: Sheridan is captured by an unknown alien race, where he has a revealing dream.

Secondary Plot: The Grey Council decides whether Delenn should be allowed to continue her work aboard B5.

Tertiary Plot: General Hague makes an unofficial visit to the station.

Commentary: The dream sequence Sheridan has aboard the alien ship is just awesome, and I refer you to Sheridan's Dream which tries to interpret it. Ta'Lon, Sheridan's fellow prisoner, returns to be G'Kar's semi-recurring aide in later episodes (and who becomes a permanent part of the Babylon 5 staff in Objects at Rest, the next to last series episode). The stuff with Hague is good--it's the "official" start of the command officers' conspiracy against President Clark, the so-called Conspiracy of Light that had been alluded to earlier.

The name of the episode comes from the Season One opening credits monologue, spoken by Michael O'Hare:

"It's a port of call. A home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanders. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night."



Return to the Babylon 5 Episode Guide.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.