Pope Alexander VI (1431-1503) was one of the most corrupt popes who ever lived. Born Rodrigo Lanzol Y Borgia, he was elevated to the College of Cardinals in 1456 by Pope Calixtus III, his uncle. Immediately afterwards, he had a wild gang-bang with many women whose names have been lost in obscurity. This event left him with a son and two daughters. When he was in his forties, he received another daughter along with three sons from Rosa Vannozza dei Catanei, the daughter of one of his favorite mistresses. According to Roman legend, he was having sex with Rosa's mother (while Rosa watched), when Alexander noticed that she was matching the speed of her mother's pelvic thrusts, but in a way that intrigued him so much that he switched partners on the spot. No one really seemed to question his actions even though he was supposed to practice celibacy.

This pope especially enjoyed sex when the girl was married to another man; even more so if he had presided at the wedding.1When he was 59, he found a lovely 19 year-old girl whom he married to Giulia Orsini, and then imediately after the wedding, the pope took her to his room.2

Alexander VI is also known for his Ballet of the Chestnuts, held on October 30, 1501. He invited many young men to come to his palace, where he had the city's 50 most beautiful prostitutes waiting. They began to dance; first clothed, then nude. Afterwards, the real sex began. Everyone had an orgy in the middle of the floor, with the pope and other spectators looking on. "Servants kept score of each man's orgasms, for the pope greatly admired virility and measured a man's machismo by his ejaculative capacity. After everyone was exhausted, His Holiness distributed prizes -- cloaks, boots, caps, and fine silken tunics. The winners, the diarist wrote, were those 'who made love with those courtesans the greatest number of times.'"3 Alexander VI is also known to have had an incestous relationship with his beautiful teenage daughter, Lucrezia Borgia.

1 William Manchester, A World Lit Only By Fire page 77
2 Manchester page 78
3 Manchester page 79

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.