Today's lesson:

Accentuating your speech and writing.

Introduction:
In today's fast-moving world, everyone has something to say, and most of it is not interesting. Even if something is interesting, it is often not interesting enough. We must make our comments, remarks and anecdotes more potent, otherwise they will be lost in the rabble around us.

Part I - Again:
Take the following sentence: "I walked out of the house without my pants on this morning and a pick-up truck smashed into me". A pretty common sentence, you might say, one that is heard daily. But - just add the word "again" at the end, and the sentence is worthy of attention: "I walked out of the house without my pants on this morning and a pick-up truck smashed into me again."
Thus any sentence is transformed into a more interesting one: How dull would those sentences be without "again"!
Part II - Dammit!:
(Other variants, such as God damn it! and Damn it! are also acceptable. Gosh darn it! is not.)

As above, adding dammit! to any sentence makes it that much better. Try it now. Think of any sentence, as stupid as you like, and add the word dammit! at the end. Not so stupid anymore, is it? Examples:

And thus you see how everyday sentences become meaningful, by adding just one tiny word at the end. No sentence is too minor for this.

Some sentences do not warrant the use of "again", for example: "The cat sat on the mat". Okay, maybe that one does, but you know what I mean. However, any sentence can have "dammit!" added to it. And of course, "again, dammit!" is the perfect ending for a sentence.


I bet you expected me to end this node with "again, dammit!".

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.