These are good to gnaw on after a meal, as evidenced by their name "after-dinner wafers." They also make good gifts when nicely packaged with other festive food, and making them is much cheaper than buying the gourmet ones.

Ingredients:

Directions:

Mix all ingredients until smooth. Form into 1-inch balls. Place on wax paper. Flatten to ¼ inch thickness. Let sit until top is dry, about 60 minutes. Turn over and dry other side. IF DESIRED, this is the time to cut them into neat shapes so that they are more presentable; use a small cookie cutter. Store in air-tight container.

NOTE: If you do use the cookie-cutter idea, you may have a lot of scraps. You can get very small cookie cutters that are used for making marzipan designs on cakes and things like that (found most often at craft stores and specialty baking stores); use one of those to cut out scraps and mix them in with your wafers in a candy dish to provide a) less waste and b) a smaller taste for those who don't want a whole wafer.

Also, this recipe can be easily halved. It makes a lot, so you are advised to do this the first time if you are not sure you'll like them.

Yield: 8 dozen
Source: Paraphrased from Telesco, A Kitchen Witch's Cookbook
Use for: Ostara, Beltane, anytime

Pagan recipes

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.