Anybody remember The A-Team? Remember how they had all those cool-looking guns in their van, hidden under the floorboard in the back?

Those guns were AC556fs. A gun firing 5.56mm NATO (.223 Remington) bullets, which is based on the Ruger Mini-14 huntin' rifle, which, in turn, is based on the M14 rifle of the Vietnam war, which is based on the M1 Garand rifle of WWII.. you get the idea.

Ruger made the Mini-14 semi-automatic rifle, way back in the 70's, as a civilian huntin' rifle based on the M14 rifle of 'Nam. Rather than firing the big-ass, recoil-happy 7.62mm NATO or .308 Winchester rounds, commonly used nowadays in military sniper rifles, they chambered it for .223 Remingtons, perfect for shootin' deer (If you want, your local Wal-Mart probably has some of these in stock, in the Sporting goods department).

Then they made the AC556, a police rifle, which was like the Mini-14, except able to fire in semi-automatic, automatic, or three-round-burst fire modes. AC556 stands for Automatic Carbine, 5.56mm chamber. The AC556f has a folding stock, rather than the original fixed wooden one, pistol grip, and a shorter barrel, thus the 'f'. So now you know exactly what Hannibal and B.A. Barracus were fighting with!

I love it when a plan comes together!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.