Attention, puns ahead!

I have heard people say that a mime is best shot on sight, with a silencer, but those people overlook the tactical use correctly employed mimes, for a mime is indeed a terrible thing to waste. Take the military for an obvious example:

Pre-combat role:

As seen in recent conflicts, armed conflicts can not be won by military efforts alone, but need the support of the local population is essential. This can be won through humanitarian aid and low-level propaganda, building street-performer support for the own forces at the grass-roots level. A "Hearts and Mimes" campaign, if you will.

Using mimes to clear large urban areas of civilians, and other non-combatants could reduce the number of collateral deaths in the following strikes dramatically. A few paradropped "marcel-ists" would therefore be a rapid and effective first wave, allowing beachheads to be set up easily and without causing PR disasters.

Combat Roles:

But not only in preparation, also in actual combat, mimes have their roles to play: There is nothing quite as dangerous for the enemy infantry than a mime field, halting all progress, and thus allowing an effective counter-strike, but be warned: The use of land-mimes is frowned upon by the international community..

Mimes are very hard to kill: If hit, they just won't die! Sure, they may engage in cunning subterfuge, i.e act like it, much like opera singers who also take hours to die), but in the end, they always get back up.

Post-combat roles:

If your mimes are captured, you won't have to fear them revealing any classified information: Good luck trying to get a mime to talk.

After the military conflict has been resolved, the can be used in the following peace-keeping mission, setting up invisible walls to keep enemy groups apart.

Finally: I've NEVER heard a mime complain about the food they serve in the military!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.