This Quest is now closed!
Thanks to all who participated. We got some really awesome new content, so be sure to check out the submissions listed below!
Not everyone knows this, but jessicapierce is one of the hardest working editors on this site. She has spent thousands of hours typing in node IDs one number at a time to make sure as many nodes as possible are up to current standards. She has helped countless new users adapt to E2’s culture and conventions. She has tracked down hundreds of plagiarized writeups. She has set a high standard of excellence for other editors with her dedication, kindness, and calm, quiet wisdom. It is not an overstatement to say that she has probably done more to improve the content on this site in the past three years than all other editors combined.
Another thing Jessica has done for the site is compile a massive list of nodes which need writeups on her scratch pad and in daylogs. I feel that it is high time we said thank you to her for her tireless work here by giving her a gift I think she would appreciate most—improving the site that she loves so much by filling some of these nodes. Jessica has never asked for thanks. She would probably not have approved of this Quest if I had asked her about it ahead of time. But I know she would really appreciate seeing some well-written, informative, and interesting writeups filling up those nodeshells she spent all that time collecting.
So those of us that Jessica has helped over the years, let us take this opportunity to thank her by filling one of those nodes.
For the rest, take this as a chance to get some XP, showcase your writing skills, and help make E2 more awesome, just like any other quest.
Here’s how it works:
- Find a nodeshell on jessicapierce’s scratchpad or in one of her recent daylogs and fill it. Send a message to me (mauler) with the name of the node you have filled and where you found it (scratch pad or daylog).
- All submitted writeups will be listed in this node, below.
- Each passible writeup will receive 25 XP.
- Each decent writeup will receive 50 XP.
- Each good writeup will receive 100 XP.
- Each great writeup will receive 200 XP.
- Each ridiculously awesome writeup will receive 300 XP.
- Each plagiarized writeup, will be promptly deleted. In honor of jessicapierce.
- This Quest runs from now until 00:00 server time, August 16th.
Please note: although I am an administrator here, this is not an "official" Everything2 quest, as it has not been cleared with the other administrators in the usual fashion. It is entirely my own project.
(newest on top)
- Balaclava by SharQ
- container gardening by iamkaym
- flat tire by wrinkly
- spare tire by wrinkly
- America's Most Wanted by Jack
- beekeeper by filoraene
- supermodel by mad girls love song
- fishing rod by Chase
- chipmunk by Bitriot
- dress rehearsal by apathy42
- den mother by apathy42
- contraception by The Debutante
- so far by Kalon
- life cycle by Bitriot
- Baby oil by filoraene
- sex sells by SyntaxVorlon
- Tropic of Cancer by filoraene
- Tropic of Capricorn by filoraene
- Blood Test by Thydron
- left-wing by tricia mcmillan
- billfold by SyntaxVorlon
- The Contents Of Lincoln's Pockets by Jack
- Prince Charming by Danneeness
- autumnal equinox by Bitriot
- college loan by apathy42
- fashionista by LaggedyAnne
- love handles by doyle
- breakfast in bed by TheLady
- flash paper by The Custodian
- wristwatch by Danneeness
- apple cider by karma debt
- interpretive dance by golFUR
- Page 3 girl by Rancid_Pickle
- bacitracin by doyle
- coulomb force by filoraene
- steel mill by sloebertje
- chalk outline by Andrew Aguecheek
- also-ran by Rancid_Pickle
- yum by Rancid_Pickle
- leather jacket by The Custodian
- questionnaire by SyntaxVorlon
- used car by drinkypoo
- activation energy by filoraene
- science fiction convention by Transitional Man
- food court by SyntaxVorlon
- take a leak by drinkypoo
- honey intoxication by eien_meru
- Speak softly and carry a big stick by drinkypoo
- sadist by drinkypoo
- pulchritudinous by drinkypoo
- mocktail by drinkypoo
- airport security by hapax
- Call Waiting by drinkypoo
- Baby Got Back by drinkypoo
- Pop art by nocodeforparanoia
- carrier pigeon by borgo
- angst by filoraene
- cave-in by SyntaxVorlon
- trash can by Major General Panic
- Mathematical Beauty by Wntrmute
- petahertz by Major General Panic
- washtub bass by XWiz
- Chicken Kiev by Nemosyn
- Caramel Apple by Danneeness
- catalysis by filoraene
- Mark of the Beast by hapax
- potato soup by Nemosyn