One of the ugly rumors floating around out there, to generate fear and doubt from obtaining a dual OS certification. Whoever started this rumor may have possibly scared people away from getting certified if they already had placed the time and effort into a MCSE. After all, there are more tests to take for an MCSE then for some of the Linux Certs.

A major reason this rumor was started was to show how evil Bill was and how they were trying to run Linux out of exsistence. If a network admin had knowledge and understanding of both systesm, why would he choose the more expensive one?

In fact, let me share my own personal experiences. I was starting to look into Linux certification for my current job and also as a way to better understand and learn a different, and new to me, operating system.

I started looking at CompTIA's Linux + and sent the folks there a question about this and also sent a note to Microsoft and asked them the same question. "Will a Linux certification void my MS certs?"

Here are the responses, first from Microsoft:
Obtaining another certification, whether it is Linux, CompTIA, etc, it will not "Null" your MCP certification or MCSE.

and from CompTIA:
Thank you for your email. No this is not true on CompTIA's part.

Thus it was all FUD and unfounded internet rumor

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.