2012.

A lot of theories have been running around popular culture about this year lately, anywhere from the end of the world to an alien invasion to a dawn of a new age of consciousness. For the purposes of this node, however, we'll go with the theory of a dawn of a "new age." As people start to focus on this idea of a new age in 2012, or even hear about it in passing from a friend/pop culture reference/random homeless guy walking down the street, their interest on the subject may then be aroused. They might then go home, decide to look into just what all this mystical hippie-crap relating to some calender from a long-gone civilization is all about, and from there may begin to browse around the web or read a book relating to the subject. As many of these books and websites often reference other concepts from various religions and philosophies, they eventually may achieve a "spiritual awakening", of sorts, within their own lives, or at least a broader understanding of the more metaphysical and religious ideas held by people throughout the world. In essence, the idea of 2012 as a point of "mass-awakening" leads to "mass-awakening". Self-creating time loops indeed...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.