Ok, you take Pink Floyd's song Echoes from the Meddle album, and start playing it right before the last act of 2001: A Space Odyssey while the words ``Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite'' are on the screen, you get a Pink Floyd synchronization that blows Dark Side of the Rainbow out of the water.

The changes in the music synch up very well with the different stages of Dave's voyage and arrival at the hotel room. Even the lyrics synch up!

Echoes starts with:

Overhead the albatross
Hangs motionless upon the air
And deep beneath the rolling waves
In labyrinths of coral caves
The echo of a distant time
Comes willowing across the sand
And everything is green and submarine
And no one showed us to the land
And no one knows the where's or why's
And something stirs and something tries
And starts to climb toward the light

Which IMHO matches wery will with the events of the film, particularly ``Overhead the albatross/Hangs motionless upon the air'' which I think is describing the monolith., ``The echo of a distant time/Comes willowing across the sand'' which could refer to the monolith's strong radio transmission, and ``And starts to climb toward the light '' which refers to the pods movement to the monolith.

But wait! Theres more! To me the best part of this synch is that the music and the movie and and the exact same time!

This synch is probably deliberate. Pink Floyd has mentioned in interviews that if they could have chosen any movie to do the soundtrack for, it would have been 2001.

So go rent 2001, download Echoes from Napster, and do the synch. It's a garunteed mindfuck.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.