Rectangular clusters of links to the more important documents that appear in the sidebar on the right of every page. These boxes will update themselves every few minutes as you load a new page.

If you haven't already, click on the 'preferences' link in your Epicenter nodelet and experiment with your different options there. You can turn most of these nodelets off, if you prefer, as well as change the order in which they appear. If you do decide to turn the Chatterbox nodelet off please remember to check your Message Inbox page often!

A few of the nodelets will have menus that you can turn on or off with '+' and '-' signs. For the most part these nodelets are self-explanatory, click around Epicenter and Vitals for the most commonly used features and documents on E2.

The default settings will have the following nodelets in the following order.

  • Epicenter - A link to your home node, logging out etc.
  • Chatterbox - See E2 FAQ: Chatterbox for instructions on the chatting etiquette of E2. The editorial staff here uses the chatterbox as a primary means of communication - if you don't keep this nodelet on all the time please check your Message Inbox from time to time to keep up.
  • Other Users - A list of the other users currently logged in
  • Random Nodes - A random selection of node links ... updates every ten minutes or so
  • New Writeups - The last 15 writeups added to the database
  • Vitals - A link for title edits, deletion requests and assorted important documents and references
  • Personal Nodelet - A nodelet for you to store a list of your favorite links here
In your user settings you can add the following nodelets if you wish:
  • Statistics - A bunch of esoteric numbers that are supposed to have something to do with writeups and votes and math ...
  • Everything Developer - I still haven't figured out what this does




back to
Everything FAQ