This document is not current, and is kept only for archival purposes. Please refer to Everything2 Help for all up-do-date help documents.




When you have something interesting to say.

Nine out of ten nodes about noding are, quite frankly, crap. You can dress it up as fancy as you want, but we can smell crap a mile away. People here seem to be looking for a sign from above that says "OK, you've proved yourself. Go ahead and node whatever the hell you like."

Well you're never going to get it. None of us will.

It doesn't matter if you've been here since they registered the domain name: crap is crap, and it's going to get deleted no matter who writes it. If you catch someone who should know better (i.e. someone who's been around long enough) writing a bad node about noding - or just a plain and simple bad node - call them out on it. Anyone, no matter how long they've been here, can have a bad day and write a bad writeup. We're not going to flush your crap down the toilet while covering Pseudo_Intellectual's crap in gold and calling it art (ask him how many nodes are in his Node Heaven sometime if you don't believe me).

There can never be a set rule about this sort of thing. E2 changes too often and too quickly for all of us to be held to a standard that can be summed up so easily. But at the very least, if you haven't been around long enough to know what the general population thinks makes a good writeup, you haven't been around long enough to node about noding.

There are a lot of other reasons why we don't like nodes about noding (the fact that pretty much any radical idea you may have about it has already been covered somewhere else, for example, or the fact that as E2 becomes more and more self-referential, it becomes more and more a poor reflection of itself, instead of being a reflection of the people who contribute to it). There's no point, though, in debating any of those in detail in any node, let alone this one. We'd be more than happy to talk to any of you personally about noding about noding, or why your writeup was nuked, or what our top ten favorite bands of all time are.

But only if you have something interesting to tell us.



back to
Everything FAQ