One of the main characters in the webmanga Megatokyo, Ping is a prototype of Sony's Emotional Doll System (EDS). She is a robot girl, in the tradition of far too many manga and anime series, and is designed to work with a Playstation 2 to provide a physical representation of characters from ren'ai games (that is, dating simulations). She is a non-H model, however, so she cannot be used with H-games. The really spectacular feature of the EDS, however, is that her basic personality absorbs characteristics from all of the dating sim girls she represents, becoming over time a personalised mixture of ren'ai characters. Her model number is SEVS-44936, and she comes with a copy of Princess Maker. She only speaks Japanese, which causes frequent trouble with Largo, who only speaks English. Many other important system details are revealed in strip #274. She can eat and derive energy from food (#218), and she is incredibly strong, able to uproot lampposts (#141) and shove people through walls (#252). She uses this strength when she experiences rejection (#138). She can take care of people when they're ill and can connect to the Internet (#245). Both Dom and Ed are in Japan to find Ping, Dom to steal her for Sega, and Ed to return her to Sony (#191).

She was originally owned by Tsubasa, who invested in the EDS project (#106). However, she soon convinced him to go to America in search of his first true love (#128), and thus came into the possession of Piro and Largo, also causing the three of them to move out onto the street (#135). She ends up attending the high school Largo teaches at (#151), and befriending Miho Tohya. People have trouble seeing Ping as an actual person (#261), but Miho eventually comes to see her as a sort of being in her own right (#277) and takes her home with her (#298). When Miho and Ping end up at Anna Miller's, they witness a meeting between Piro and Kimiko (#360) and Ping realises the marginal role she's restricted to by her programming. Recently, she's been baited by Largo (#368) into attacking a rampaging giant turtle (#371). After being surprised by it (#376), she throws it through a building (#378).