I love anything you can find in a city. Today I went online and checked prices for two tickets to Melbourne. One for eroticbetty, one for me. I was in a glorious mood today just considering what we might do there. I haven't been there since before i turned eighteen! That’s an entire level of the city that has thus far eluded me. I cannt waaaait to actually go to the Crown Casino. The gold, the glitz, the epileptic lights. The Crown Complex is actually three city blocks long and sparse and lavish with designer stores you basically have to be a movie star to actually walk into. The food court is my favourite place ever to get fruit salad. There are 16 cinemas there and they have carpet with stars on them which is much more nifty than tacky train style décor in many, more smalltown theatres. eroticbetty and I are going to go to the hedge mazes... Weribee Mansion .. and we're going to go hang out in my cousin’s boss’s loft. It is in Brunswick. Now, my favourite Melbourne street is Brunswick street, but that’s in Fitzroy. You got here for trimmings, cafes, bars, spirits, all night bookstores, fabulous fabulous people, writing inspiration and all of funk, jazz and a little slut and trouble. Smith street which I think is still in Fitzroy is excellent for when you want to be retarded and wear something that makes you look like a canary about to get married, or like a corpse or something. It’s a street for not caring, just being blasé and ‘whatever’ about everything. It is a big fat combo street, with lots of retail factories and strange specific shops (like, vegan shoes).

I also like Lygon street, in Carlton, for design stimulation, for restaurants, for class, for magnificent artworks of clothing, for Italians, for black, for autumn leaves, for gnocchi, for wine, for beautiful romantic bookstores and for memories.

My British friend Lori and I strolled along Southbank Promenade one night, which is cobbley at times, and architectural and fountainish and tall. Lori said that the Yarra River was reminiscent of the Thames.

I have not even gotten close to exploring the entire city but I am already deeply in love with it. I have heard people say it is a “metropolitan Byron Bay”, but I wouldn’t be so sure..

Melbourne is a crisp kind of cold, it has a brittle kind of sand.. and there’s something creepy about being at the very bottom of the continent staring out to the sea and knowing there is no life beneath you until Antarctica. It is very black and sophis, very tweed coat and seven hundred dollar shoes you only wear four times. It’s the gardens that get me though. Victoria is “the garden state”. I will take so many pictures. I miss the cemetery near my house, my golf course, the white ponies on my street. I miss the Goths in capes at Flinders street station and the art gallery and the lightshow in the Crown Casino and all the pretty asians, and the zoo. I miss scarves but not of the AFL variety.. in fact there is one thing I do not miss.. football.