Ticks are tiny black blood-suckers who can carry disease. They're small, as small as the head of a pin, and up to the size of a chihuahua. No, just kidding, the biggest you'll see em is, (not many standard sized things to compare with), I guess the size of a BB. If one is any bigger then chances are its already bloated with blood.

If you catch a tick strolling up your leg, consider yourself lucky and flick it off. Or, if you're inside, flick it off, then grab it with a tissue and flush it.

If it's already latched in then things get a lot harder. It's pretty freaky having that little bastard stuck in your skin sucking you dry. Try not to freak out. As I hear it, you might pull the body off, but the head will stay attached. I guess this could cause infection or some other nasty fate.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're supposed to use nail polish remover to get it to let go or die before yanking it out with tweezers.

You should check for ticks after any adventure in the woods. Don't stop at your arms and legs; you should have been checking those regularly during your adventure. When you get back to your tick-free home check everywhere. Especially down there...

Ticks love testicles

thunk = T = tick-list features

tick n.

1. A jiffy (sense 1). 2. In simulations, the discrete unit of time that passes between iterations of the simulation mechanism. In AI applications, this amount of time is often left unspecified, since the only constraint of interest is the ordering of events. This sort of AI simulation is often pejoratively referred to as `tick-tick-tick' simulation, especially when the issue of simultaneity of events with long, independent chains of causes is handwaved. 3. In the FORTH language, a single quote character.

--Jargon File, autonoded by rescdsk.

An exploit in the original Street Fighter II arcade machine, where if you performed a jumping in kick on your opponant, they would be momantarily stunned, allowing you to do an unblockable throw on them. Considered to be bad manners.

This is a song by Ween, from the album God Ween Satan: The Oneness.

Like all their early work, this song sounds a bit unprofessional, but jaunty, and catchy even though it doesn't exactly have a lyrical melody. More like a mantra-ish chant to goofy carnival-esque distortion guitar, these words begin the song:

i feel a tick in my head
and he's sucking on my head
in the morning i'll be dead
if he doesn't leave my head

You get the idea; insipid rhymes and pointlessness. At the end, both band members (Gene and Dean) can be heard screaming at the tick about why can't it leave them alone, threatening to flush it down the toilet. But if only this tick was not so maddeningly tenacious! Leaving a bit of its leg is the downfall, the tick grows back and continues to suck blood. The end lyrics are repeated until your head aches a bit.

This song is © 1990 by Ween, Twin/Tone records.

Next song on this album: I'm in the mood to move

tick

To run o'tick ; take up goods upon trust, to run in debt.

Tick ; a watch. See sessions papers.

The 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue.

Tick (?), n. [Abbrev. from ticket.]

Credit; trust; as, to buy on, or upon, tick.

 

© Webster 1913.


Tick, v. i.

1.

To go on trust, or credit.

2.

To give tick; to trust.

 

© Webster 1913.


Tick, n. [OE. tike, teke; akin to D. teek, G. zecke. Cf. Tike a tick.] Zool.

(a) Any one of numerous species of large parasitic mites which attach themselves to, and suck the blood of, cattle, dogs, and many other animals. When filled with blood they become ovate, much swollen, and usually livid red in color. Some of the species often attach themselves to the human body. The young are active and have at first but six legs.

(b) Any one of several species of dipterous insects having a flattened and usually wingless body, as the bird ticks (see under Bird) and sheep tick (see under Sheep).

Tick bean, a small bean used for feeding horses and other animals. -- Tick trefoil Bot., a name given to many plants of the leguminous genus Desmodium, which have trifoliate leaves, and joined pods roughened with minute hooked hairs by which the joints adhere to clothing and to the fleece of sheep.

 

© Webster 1913.


Tick, n. [LL. techa, teca, L. theca case, Gr. , fr. to put. See Thesis.]

1.

The cover, or case, of a bed, mattress, etc., which contains the straw, feathers, hair, or other filling.

2.

Ticking. See Ticking, n.

 

© Webster 1913.


Tick, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Ticked (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Ticking.] [Probably of imitative origin; cf. D. tikken, LG. ticken.]

1.

To make a small or repeating noise by beating or otherwise, as a watch does; to beat.

2.

To strike gently; to pat.

Stand not ticking and toying at the branches. Latimer.

 

© Webster 1913.


Tick, n.

1.

A quick, audible beat, as of a clock.

2.

Any small mark intended to direct attention to something, or to serve as a check.

Dickens.

3. Zool.

The whinchat; -- so called from its note.

[Prov. Eng.]

Death tick. Zool. See Deathwatch.

 

© Webster 1913.


Tick, v. t.

To check off by means of a tick or any small mark; to score.

When I had got all my responsibilities down upon my list, I compared each with the bill and ticked it off. Dickens.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.